-   -   SumIf Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/192057-sumif-formula.html)

Storm

SumIf Formula

Hello there.

I am trying to add a sum range whose headers are equal to a specific one.

Row 1 will have the headers (Texas, NV, CA). Row 2 will have the
corresponding sales for either TX, NV or CA.

How can I say add the values in row 2 only if row 1's header = TX and NV?

Your help is appreciated. Thank you.

Bernie Deitrick

SumIf Formula

=SUMIF(1:1,"TX",2:2)
=SUMIF(1:1,"NV",2:2)
=SUMIF(1:1,"CA",2:2)

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Storm" wrote in message
Hello there.

I am trying to add a sum range whose headers are equal to a specific one.

Row 1 will have the headers (Texas, NV, CA). Row 2 will have the
corresponding sales for either TX, NV or CA.

How can I say add the values in row 2 only if row 1's header = TX and NV?

Your help is appreciated. Thank you.

Storm

SumIf Formula

Hi Bernie, so there is no way then of saying if 1:1 = TX or NV then get the
sum of their values in row 2? I have to do multiple sumif statements and
just separating them with "+"?

thanks.

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

=SUMIF(1:1,"TX",2:2)
=SUMIF(1:1,"NV",2:2)
=SUMIF(1:1,"CA",2:2)

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Storm" wrote in message
Hello there.

I am trying to add a sum range whose headers are equal to a specific one.

Row 1 will have the headers (Texas, NV, CA). Row 2 will have the
corresponding sales for either TX, NV or CA.

How can I say add the values in row 2 only if row 1's header = TX and NV?

Your help is appreciated. Thank you.

Bernie Deitrick

SumIf Formula

That is the easiest...

=SUMIF(1:1,"TX",2:2) + SUMIF(1:1,"NV",2:2)

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Storm" wrote in message
Hi Bernie, so there is no way then of saying if 1:1 = TX or NV then get the
sum of their values in row 2? I have to do multiple sumif statements and
just separating them with "+"?

thanks.

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

=SUMIF(1:1,"TX",2:2)
=SUMIF(1:1,"NV",2:2)
=SUMIF(1:1,"CA",2:2)

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Storm" wrote in message
Hello there.

I am trying to add a sum range whose headers are equal to a specific one.

Row 1 will have the headers (Texas, NV, CA). Row 2 will have the
corresponding sales for either TX, NV or CA.

How can I say add the values in row 2 only if row 1's header = TX and NV?

Your help is appreciated. Thank you.

Storm

SumIf Formula

Thanks Bernie.

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

That is the easiest...

=SUMIF(1:1,"TX",2:2) + SUMIF(1:1,"NV",2:2)

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Storm" wrote in message
Hi Bernie, so there is no way then of saying if 1:1 = TX or NV then get the
sum of their values in row 2? I have to do multiple sumif statements and
just separating them with "+"?

thanks.

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

=SUMIF(1:1,"TX",2:2)