-   -   if cell equals "a" then another cell would calculate percentage (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/192056-if-cell-equals-then-another-cell-would-calculate-percentage.html)

Brandy

if cell equals "a" then another cell would calculate percentage

I have a worksheet with a dropdown box of discount price codes and another
with list prices. I need another column that would automatically figure the
discount when a certain price code is selected.

For example:

Column a column b column c
List price price code new price
1000 a 900
(a=10%)

Thanks!

Storm

if cell equals "a" then another cell would calculate percentage

Given:
Discount Codes and values contained in worksheet "Discount", where A1:A3
have the codes and B1:B3 have the equivalent value.

How about trying "=ROUND(A1*VLOOKUP(B1,Discount1!$A$1:$B$3,2,FALSE) ,2)"
I would use this formula on your column C below.

**I always like using the Round especially when multiplying percentages.

"Brandy" wrote:

I have a worksheet with a dropdown box of discount price codes and another
with list prices. I need another column that would automatically figure the
discount when a certain price code is selected.

For example:

Column a column b column c
List price price code new price
1000 a 900