-   -   keeping a "floating cell"'s value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/191620-keeping-floating-cell-s-value.html)

joflo65

keeping a "floating cell"'s value

HI,
I have a log that lists jobs--their start and complete times. I want a
total # of jobs started and completed. Not all jobs listed , start, and not
all jobs listed, complete. That is no problem, i use the counta().

My problem comes in where the # of jobs listed can vary, so the cell that
contains the "total" floats its row designation (it can be row 377 one day
and 380 the next). That total is linked to another worksheet cell where it is
totalled for the month. I keep having to go through and change the cell row
number on both the original worksheet and the destination worksheet to keep
the link working properly.

I know its ounds confusing but i need the metrics for productivity sake.
Please help....

Dave

keeping a "floating cell"'s value

Hi,