-   -   VLookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/191488-vlookup.html)

SHETTY

VLookup

Dear Friends

I want to lookup value from defferent range of tables as per value in a cell

Vlookup("Text", RangeName, 3, 0)
Range name will be provided in cell A1

As and when value in A1 changes I want lookup formula to ge exact value from
the desired table

If I give reference to cell "A1" in the formula function returms #VALUE

Please guide

Ramesh Shetty

Max

VLookup

Vlookup("Text", RangeName, 3, 0)
Range name will be provided in cell A1

Try it with INDIRECT, viz.:
=Vlookup("Text", INDIRECT(A1), 3, 0)
--
Max
Singapore
"SHETTY" wrote in message
Dear Friends

I want to lookup value from defferent range of tables as per value in a
cell

Vlookup("Text", RangeName, 3, 0)
Range name will be provided in cell A1

As and when value in A1 changes I want lookup formula to ge exact value
from
the desired table

If I give reference to cell "A1" in the formula function returms #VALUE

Please guide

Ramesh Shetty

SHETTY

VLookup

Thanks
it works

Ramesh Shetty

"SHETTY" wrote in message
Dear Friends

I want to lookup value from defferent range of tables as per value in a
cell

Vlookup("Text", RangeName, 3, 0)
Range name will be provided in cell A1

As and when value in A1 changes I want lookup formula to ge exact value
from
the desired table

If I give reference to cell "A1" in the formula function returms #VALUE

Please guide

Ramesh Shetty

Max

VLookup