Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default if function with extras.

Looking for how to:

Example
a b c d e f g
1 Jan paid Feb paid march pd $total paid $total
not paid
2 $30 N $25 N $22 Y (need formula)
(need formula)

i would like to create a formula for $total not paid cell H2. Any time
there is a "n" in a cell, I would like the amount in the cell to the
immediate left of all "n" to sum up keep a running total in the H2 cell,
$total not paid. then I would create a second formula for the "y" for
the $total paid for G2 cell.

Can anyone help with a formula?

mary

--
MARY
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mary,

This is not the first time you ignore answers to previous posts. Please do not do that!!!

Will you please read those answers and explain why that does not answer your question?
Please do not post a new question again. First check the answers already given and if they don't help you enough, answer in that
same thread, don't start a new one.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"MARY" wrote in message ...
| Looking for how to:
|
| Example
| a b c d e f g
| 1 Jan paid Feb paid march pd $total paid $total
| not paid
| 2 $30 N $25 N $22 Y (need formula)
| (need formula)
|
| i would like to create a formula for $total not paid cell H2. Any time
| there is a "n" in a cell, I would like the amount in the cell to the
| immediate left of all "n" to sum up keep a running total in the H2 cell,
| $total not paid. then I would create a second formula for the "y" for
| the $total paid for G2 cell.
|
| Can anyone help with a formula?
|
| mary
|

| --
| MARY

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

As said before, please don't continue to repost the same question in a new
thread. Instead, reply to responses in your old threads.
Any way, since you provided a little more info, try this.

For no:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:F1="N"),A1:E1)

For Yes:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:F1="Y"),A1:E1)