-   -   too many different cell formats (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/191145-too-many-different-cell-formats.html)

sonshinegirl

too many different cell formats

I click on 1 cell to make a format change and it won't change it and I get
the "too many different cell formats", how do I get excel to accept my
changes.

Susan

too many different cell formats

delete some other ones. there is a limit to the # of cell formats you
can have & obviously you have hit it.
susan

On Jun 13, 9:07*am, sonshinegirl
wrote:
I click on 1 cell to make a format change and it won't change it and I get
the "too many different cell formats", how do I get excel to accept my
changes.

Dave Peterson

too many different cell formats

XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats

A few people have said that OpenOffice.Org has been able to open the file. Then
they clean it up and save it there. Then excel can open that cleaned up
version.

http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-104 meg download or a CD

--

Dave Peterson