-   -   When inserting date , how do I have the month spelled out (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/191003-when-inserting-date-how-do-i-have-month-spelled-out.html)

Michael K[_2_]

When inserting date , how do I have the month spelled out

When I want to insert a date in a spreadsheet or document, I do not have the
option of having the month spelled oout as is typically done in a
letter--rather the month of June is represented by the number 6. How can I
have the spelled-out format available in the pulldown when inserting a date?

Mike H

When inserting date , how do I have the month spelled out

try a custom format of

dd, mmm, yyyy

or

dd, mmmm, yyyy