-   -   Help! tabbing in worksheet causes excel to freeze (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/191000-help-tabbing-worksheet-causes-excel-freeze.html)

dani

Help! tabbing in worksheet causes excel to freeze

Hi,

I am trying to input data into an excel worksheet from a larger database
that was formatted and sent to me. When I input data in four of the
worksheets, everything works properly. When I input data into the final
worksheet it works fine until I get to the last cell in the row. Once I
enter data into that cell, excel stops responding and it shuts down
everytime. I have no clue what to do.

I am using Excel 2002.

Thanks!

Susan

Help! tabbing in worksheet causes excel to freeze

i hope you've saved it before you get to that point! :D

try deleting that row before you've entered anything into it - or even
a couple of rows, in case it's something in that specific row. is it
the exact same cell address that it happens on every time? like E75?
if not, is there something different you're doing after you enter that
last data?

let me know the answers to the questions. i would personally suspect
a macro that's keyed to a certain cell being changed.
susan