-   -   How to detect if sheet is hidden? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/19092-how-detect-if-sheet-hidden.html)

hstijnen

How to detect if sheet is hidden?

Hi,

I've a workbook with several sheets. Formula's in one sheet point to
other sheets. Is there a way to detect, in a formula, whether the
sheet that is pointed to is hidden or not?

Thanks for help,

Henk

Bob Phillips

You would need a UDF to tell you, like

Function SheetStatus(name As String)
Select Case Worksheets(name).Visible
Case xlSheetHidden: SheetStatus = "Hidden"
Case xlSheetVeryHidden: SheetStatus = "Very Hidden"
Case Else: SheetStatus = "Visible"
End Select
End Function

--