-   -   workbook protection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/190440-workbook-protection.html)

jolowe

workbook protection

I need to protect several workbooks from being modified (to do this a sheet
at a time would take forever)- I want to password protect them - there is a
help entry for "set password to modify a workbook" but (and this is big but)
the information is NOT for Excel 2007 - it looks like 2003. This is what is
in the 2007 Excell Help and on the Excel Help on line. Is there any way to
do this in 2007??

Mike H

workbook protection

Not sure where this goes in 2007 but in 2003 right click the sheet tab, view
code paste it in and run it

Sub protectem()
Dim ws As Worksheet
For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
ws.Protect Password:="Mypass"
Next ws
End Sub

Mike

"jolowe" wrote:

I need to protect several workbooks from being modified (to do this a sheet
at a time would take forever)- I want to password protect them - there is a
help entry for "set password to modify a workbook" but (and this is big but)
the information is NOT for Excel 2007 - it looks like 2003. This is what is
in the 2007 Excell Help and on the Excel Help on line. Is there any way to
do this in 2007??

Mike Fogleman[_2_]

workbook protection

This would be in the "SaveAs" properties for the workbook. There are 2
modify if you give the password. Read Only will not let anyone modify it.
The only way would be to save the file as a different name, modify it, and
then saveas the original book name, or over-write the read-only book.

Mike F
"jolowe" wrote in message
I need to protect several workbooks from being modified (to do this a sheet
at a time would take forever)- I want to password protect them - there is
help entry for "set password to modify a workbook" but (and this is big
but)
the information is NOT for Excel 2007 - it looks like 2003. This is what
is
in the 2007 Excell Help and on the Excel Help on line. Is there any way
do this in 2007??

Shane Devenshire

workbook protection

Hi,

You can also get to the proper location in 2003 by choosing Tools, Options,
Security and enter a Password to Modify.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire
Microsoft Excel MVP
Join http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/ and download a free screensaver to help