-   -   moving last row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/19043-moving-last-row.html)

ukash

moving last row

How can I move last row to second row? When I'm opening excel document
it's last row is for example in 58 row but there is now data in there.
Is there any way to manualy set last row?

--
ukash

JulieD

Hi

not sure i understand the question, but is the "problem" that you have a
formula that says
=SUM(A2:A58)
and now when you go to add information into row 59 you have to edit the
formulas?
in that case, why don't you just make the formulas bigger e.g.
=SUM(A2:A1000) or

or alternatively create a dyanamic range names that resizes itself when you
add new records at the bottom of the data - you can then use that range name
in formulas e.g. =SUM(mynums)
check out
http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

for details on how to do this

Please post back if i've completely missed the point.

Cheers
JulieD

JulieD wrote:

for details on how to do this

Please post back if i've completely missed the point.

thank you for reply. I import data to my database using excel document.
When I do that sometimes a lot of empty rows are added. I wrote makro
which is used to order data and to mark duplicates. I don't know how to
remove empty rows? When I use
lastRow = ActiveSheet.Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell) .Row
MsgBox(lastRow) says that my document have 400 row but in this document
there are only 40 filled rows and 360 are empty rows. I need to find
something which will tell ms office that last row is number 40 not 400 :)

I don't know how to remove all this empty rows.

--
ukash

ukash

JulieD wrote:

check out
http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

thanks JulieD this site helped me a lot :)
this is what I was looking for :)
And exacly this part:
"To programatically reset the used range,"

Thak you once again :)

--
ukash

JulieD