Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default 4 day work week

What I need to do is have a project start date and an end date and a
duration of days. We work a 4 day work week here and I need to not count
Friday (Sat or Sun) in the duration of the projects. I just need a correct
end date for the projects.

Thanks so much!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

use this to calculate the working days

=SUMPRODUCT(INT((MAX(end_date,start_date)-WEEKDAY(MAX(end_date,start_date)+1-{2;3;4;5})-MIN(end_date,start_date)+8)/7))

or this if you want to exclude holidays

=SUMPRODUCT(INT((MAX(end_date,start_date)-WEEKDAY(MAX(end_date,start_date)+1-{2;3;4;5})-MIN(end_date,start_date)+8)/7))
-SUMPRODUCT(ISNUMBER(MATCH(WEEKDAY(holidays),{2;3;4 ;5},0))*(holidays=MIN(end_date,start_date))*(holi days<=MAX(end_date,start_date)))

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Shelly" wrote in message

What I need to do is have a project start date and an end date and a
duration of days. We work a 4 day work week here and I need to not count
Friday (Sat or Sun) in the duration of the projects. I just need a correct
end date for the projects.

Thanks so much!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A1: start date
A2: end date

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(A1&":"&A2)),2)<5))

"Shelly" wrote:

What I need to do is have a project start date and an end date and a
duration of days. We work a 4 day work week here and I need to not count
Friday (Sat or Sun) in the duration of the projects. I just need a correct
end date for the projects.

Thanks so much!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm very new at this program so please bear with me...I did type the formula
in and it didn't work. I think I am just not putting the right information in
the correct fields. The schedule is set up to have A1 to be the start date
and B1 the finish date. We have multiple units being built at once. They take
10 days to complete, with a 4-day workweek. If you could walk me through
it...that would be so great! And thank you for responding!