-   -   How to add an inverted comma in a cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/188828-how-add-inverted-comma-cell.html)

newbie

How to add an inverted comma in a cell?

I am trying to type 'Xpress' into a cell. the first inverted comma keeps
disppearing. How do I solve this? Thanks!

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_520_]

How to add an inverted comma in a cell?

A leading "inverted comma" (also known as an apostrophe) is used to make
what follows it text... so, use two of them at the beginning instead of
one...

''Xpress'

Rick

"Newbie" wrote in message
I am trying to type 'Xpress' into a cell. the first inverted comma keeps
disppearing. How do I solve this? Thanks!

RagDyeR

How to add an inverted comma in a cell?

Is this OK?

`Express'

On my keyboard, it's on the Tilde (~) key, under <Esc, and above the <Tab
key.
--
HTH,

RD