-   -   Need correct IF(ISBLANK) formula when referencing whether one of twocells (OR) is blank, returning "no value" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/187610-need-correct-if-isblank-formula-when-referencing-whether-one-twocells-blank-returning-no-value.html)

insitedge

Need correct IF(ISBLANK) formula when referencing whether one of twocells (OR) is blank, returning "no value"

=IF(ISBLANK(A1),IF(ISBLANK(B1),"",C1(likely wron formula);

Don't know if I use a comma or OR, or another formula, but if either
A1 or B1 is blank, I want "no value" in C1. If both A1 and B1 have
value then it returns the Value in C1.

Gary''s Student

Need correct IF(ISBLANK) formula when referencing whether one of t

=IF(OR(A1="",B1=""),"",C1)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200786

Reitanos

Need correct IF(ISBLANK) formula when referencing whether one oftwo cells (OR) is blank, returning "no value"

It would work if you add an OR in the
=IF(OR(ISBLANK(A1),ISBLANK(B1)),"",C1)
but it cannot both put a value in C1 (ie, live there) and check the
value in C1.

On May 15, 12:09 pm, insitedge wrote:
=IF(ISBLANK(A1),IF(ISBLANK(B1),"",C1(likely wron formula);

Don't know if I use a comma or OR, or another formula, but if either
A1 or B1 is blank, I want "no value" in C1. If both A1 and B1 have
value then it returns the Value in C1.

ND Pard

Need correct IF(ISBLANK) formula when referencing whether one of t

Try this:

=IF(OR(ISBLANK(A1),ISBLANK(B1)),"",C1)

Good Luck.