-   -   Can I create more than 3 Condidtional Format conditions or can I w (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/187588-can-i-create-more-than-3-condidtional-format-conditions-can-i-w.html)

cocoblue

Can I create more than 3 Condidtional Format conditions or can I w

I would like to have a list the if the criteria is TRUE for a list item then
the cell with the list item in is formatted according to the rule.
Is this possible?
cheers

Ron Rosenfeld

Can I create more than 3 Condidtional Format conditions or can I w

On Thu, 15 May 2008 03:40:15 -0700, cocoblue
wrote:

I would like to have a list the if the criteria is TRUE for a list item then
the cell with the list item in is formatted according to the rule.
Is this possible?
cheers

Use a formula like COUNTIF:

e.g.

=COUNTIF(list,cell_ref)

Which should return TRUE or FALSE depending on if cell_ref (your cell to be
formatted) is in 'list'.
--ron

Ron Rosenfeld

Can I create more than 3 Condidtional Format conditions or can I w

wrote:

I would like to have a list the if the criteria is TRUE for a list item then
the cell with the list item in is formatted according to the rule.
Is this possible?
cheers

Use a formula like COUNTIF:

e.g.

=COUNTIF(list,cell_ref)

Which should return TRUE or FALSE depending on if cell_ref (your cell to be
formatted) is in 'list'.
--ron

Skip this response -- I misread your question
--ron