-   -   Copy and paste absolute reference (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/187523-copy-paste-absolute-reference.html)

LEA

Copy and paste absolute reference

I have cells with absolute reference formulas within a table, referring to
cells in that table, how do I copy the table further down the worksheet, or
to a new worksheet with the absolute references referring to the new table
and not referring to the cells at the top of the worksheet

Gord Dibben

Copy and paste absolute reference

Un-absolute part of the reference.

i.e. $A$1 will remain that as you copy down.

$A1 will increment to $A2 $A3 $A4 etc.

A$1 will become B$1 as you copy across.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 14 May 2008 16:40:00 -0700, lea wrote:

I have cells with absolute reference formulas within a table, referring to
cells in that table, how do I copy the table further down the worksheet, or
to a new worksheet with the absolute references referring to the new table
and not referring to the cells at the top of the worksheet

LEA

Copy and paste absolute reference

Thanks Gord, works wonderfull

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Un-absolute part of the reference.

i.e. $A$1 will remain that as you copy down.

$A1 will increment to $A2 $A3 $A4 etc.

A$1 will become B$1 as you copy across.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 14 May 2008 16:40:00 -0700, lea wrote:

I have cells with absolute reference formulas within a table, referring to
cells in that table, how do I copy the table further down the worksheet, or
to a new worksheet with the absolute references referring to the new table
and not referring to the cells at the top of the worksheet

Gord Dibben

Copy and paste absolute reference

You can post the workbook at one of the hosting sites below.

http://www.freefilehosting.net/
http://savefile.com/

When you have uploaded to that site, post the URL so we could download should we
choose.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP