-   -   Combining SUMIFS and filter SUBTOTALS (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/187488-combining-sumifs-filter-subtotals.html)

elsmed

Combining SUMIFS and filter SUBTOTALS

I have a table of cost data that I summarize for certain cost categories with
SUMIFS functions. I have filters on the table to look at specific criteria
such as a time period or a particular vendor. Plus I use the SUBTOTAL
function to show the filtered column totals. I want to see subtotals of the
filtered data for the cost categories that I've summarized using the SUMIFS.
For example, I want to filter on a vendor and see the number of and invoices
and the dollar amount of the invoices across the different phases of a
project. How can this data be summarized on the fly as I choose different
filter criteria?
--
elsmed