-   -   Covert Number to date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/187154-covert-number-date.html)

Newbee

Covert Number to date

I have a spreadsheet with 20071123 is in number format. I am trying to
covert it so that excel will see those numbers as a date. It is not text but
in number format. How do I change this to make it read 11/23/2007

Bob Phillips

Covert Number to date

=DATE(LEFT(H1,4),MID(H1,5,2),RIGHT(H1,2))

--
HTH

Bob

"Newbee" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with 20071123 is in number format. I am trying to
covert it so that excel will see those numbers as a date. It is not text
but
in number format. How do I change this to make it read 11/23/2007

Peo Sjoblom

Covert Number to date

Select the column with the "dates", do datatext to columns, click next
twice, under column data format select Date and from dropdown select YMD and
click finish

Peo Sjoblom

"Newbee" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with 20071123 is in number format. I am trying to
covert it so that excel will see those numbers as a date. It is not text
but
in number format. How do I change this to make it read 11/23/2007

T. Valko

Covert Number to date

Try this:

Select the cell in question
Goto the menu DataText to columns
Click Next twice
In Step 3 of the wizard under Column data format...
Select DateYMD
Click Finish

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Newbee" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with 20071123 is in number format. I am trying to
covert it so that excel will see those numbers as a date. It is not text
but
in number format. How do I change this to make it read 11/23/2007

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_440_]

Covert Number to date

If you want to go the formula route as Bob suggested, here is a slightly
shorter alternative for you to consider...

=--TEXT(H1,"0000-00-00")

Rick

"Newbee" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with 20071123 is in number format. I am trying to
covert it so that excel will see those numbers as a date. It is not text
but
in number format. How do I change this to make it read 11/23/2007

Newbee

Covert Number to date

This worked perfectly!!!