-   -   How can I create an IF statement in Excel that uses the word "con. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/18676-how-can-i-create-if-statement-excel-uses-word-%22con.html)

BobbiCisse

How can I create an IF statement in Excel that uses the word "con.

I would like to create something that uses the following statement. If cell
A4 "contains" the value of johnson then true else false. I want Excel to
perform a statement of things that are LIKE but may contain some or all
characters/values.

Fredrik Wahlgren

"BobbiCisse" wrote in message
I would like to create something that uses the following statement. If

cell
A4 "contains" the value of johnson then true else false. I want Excel to
perform a statement of things that are LIKE but may contain some or all
characters/values.

Someting like this? Unfortuntely, I had to translate from Swedish. You may
also want to use LOWER(A1) To make sure you get a match for JOHNSON

=IF(ISERR(FIND("johnson",A4,1)), False,True)

/Fredrik

cisse_5

Thank you I will give it a try.

"Fredrik Wahlgren" wrote:

"BobbiCisse" wrote in message
I would like to create something that uses the following statement. If

cell
A4 "contains" the value of johnson then true else false. I want Excel to
perform a statement of things that are LIKE but may contain some or all
characters/values.

Someting like this? Unfortuntely, I had to translate from Swedish. You may
also want to use LOWER(A1) To make sure you get a match for JOHNSON

=IF(ISERR(FIND("johnson",A4,1)), False,True)

/Fredrik

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

=(LEN(A4)LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A4,"johnson",""))

--
When sending mail, use address arvil<attarkon.ee
Arvi Laanemets