-   -   using multiple sheets from a workbook in a formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/186502-using-multiple-sheets-workbook-formula.html)

Megglesface

using multiple sheets from a workbook in a formula

If I want to use a cell value in a formula, but the cell is from another
worksheet in the same book, how do I do this? I thought I just entered = into
the formula box then clicked onto the other worksheet and selected the cell,
but that doesnt seem to be working, any ideas anyone?

Thanks.

Gaurav[_3_]

using multiple sheets from a workbook in a formula

What do you mean by 'doesnt seem to be working'? what is your formula?

"Megglesface" wrote in message
If I want to use a cell value in a formula, but the cell is from another
worksheet in the same book, how do I do this? I thought I just entered =
into
the formula box then clicked onto the other worksheet and selected the
cell,
but that doesnt seem to be working, any ideas anyone?

Thanks.

Megglesface

using multiple sheets from a workbook in a formula

well if the cell I want the formula in is A1 on sheet2, and the cell I want
to use as part of my formula is B1 on sheet1, then how can i make this into a
formula? If I click on B1 then it brings up the wrong cell reference in my
formula field.

"Gaurav" wrote:

What do you mean by 'doesnt seem to be working'? what is your formula?

"Megglesface" wrote in message
If I want to use a cell value in a formula, but the cell is from another
worksheet in the same book, how do I do this? I thought I just entered =
into
the formula box then clicked onto the other worksheet and selected the
cell,
but that doesnt seem to be working, any ideas anyone?

Thanks.

David Biddulph[_2_]

using multiple sheets from a workbook in a formula

Perhaps you couldn't read what Gaurav asked:
"what is your formula?"
--
David Biddulph

=
into
the formula box then clicked onto the other worksheet and selected the
cell,
but that doesnt seem to be working, any ideas anyone?

Thanks.

Gord Dibben

using multiple sheets from a workbook in a formula

Type the = sign, switch to other sheet, select a cell then hit ENTER key.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP