-   -   can excel alert you when a number is less than a particular value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/186497-can-excel-alert-you-when-number-less-than-particular-value.html)

Megglesface

can excel alert you when a number is less than a particular value

I am making a spreadshett to control stock and I want a message to come up
and alert the user when the remaining stock of an item is less than 15,
anyone know how to do this?

Pete_UK

can excel alert you when a number is less than a particular value

If stock is in A1:

=IF(A1<15,"Warning","")

Hope this helps.

Pete

On May 7, 11:52*am, Megglesface
wrote:
I am making a spreadshett to control stock and I want a message to come up
and alert the user when the remaining stock of an item is less than 15,
anyone know how to do this?

Dave

can excel alert you when a number is less than a particular value

Hi,
Another way is to use Conditional Formatting.
This is a very effective tool for this sort of requirement.
It's very simple to use, but see the Help on how to get started.
Regards - Dave.

"Megglesface" wrote:

I am making a spreadshett to control stock and I want a message to come up
and alert the user when the remaining stock of an item is less than 15,
anyone know how to do this?

Megglesface

can excel alert you when a number is less than a particular va

brilliant, thanks very much.

sorry to be a pain but maybe you could help with my other question?
If I want to use a cell value in a formula, but the cell is from another
worksheet in the same book, how do I do this? I thought I just entered = into
the formula box then clicked onto the other worksheet and selected the cell,
but that doesnt seem to be working,

little bit confused. ;-S

Thanks

"Pete_UK" wrote:

If stock is in A1:

=IF(A1<15,"Warning","")

Hope this helps.

Pete

On May 7, 11:52 am, Megglesface
wrote:
I am making a spreadshett to control stock and I want a message to come up
and alert the user when the remaining stock of an item is less than 15,
anyone know how to do this?

Pete_UK

can excel alert you when a number is less than a particular va

If you want to enter the formula directly, you would have something
like:

=Sheet2!A1

but the method you describe should give you this. If you have spaces
in the sheet name then you have to enclose it with apostrophes like
so:

='Sheet 2'!A1

Hope this helps.

Pete

On May 7, 1:40*pm, Megglesface
wrote:
brilliant, thanks very much.

sorry to be a pain but maybe you could help with my other question?
If I want to use a cell value in a formula, but the cell is from another
worksheet in the same book, how do I do this? I thought I just entered = into
the formula box then clicked onto the other worksheet and selected the cell,
but that doesnt seem to be working,

little bit confused. ;-S

Thanks

"Pete_UK" wrote:
If stock is in A1:

=IF(A1<15,"Warning","")

Hope this helps.

Pete

On May 7, 11:52 am, Megglesface
wrote:
I am making a spreadshett to control stock and I want a message to come up
and alert the user when the remaining stock of an item is less than 15,
anyone know how to do this?- Hide quoted text -

Megglesface

can excel alert you when a number is less than a particular va

brilliant thats worked perfectly, just needed the apostrophes I think.
thanks very much, been struggling with that one all day!

wrote:
brilliant, thanks very much.

sorry to be a pain but maybe you could help with my other question?
If I want to use a cell value in a formula, but the cell is from another
worksheet in the same book, how do I do this? I thought I just entered = into
the formula box then clicked onto the other worksheet and selected the cell,
but that doesnt seem to be working,

little bit confused. ;-S

Thanks

"Pete_UK" wrote:
If stock is in A1:

=IF(A1<15,"Warning","")

Hope this helps.

Pete

On May 7, 11:52 am, Megglesface
wrote:
I am making a spreadshett to control stock and I want a message to come up
and alert the user when the remaining stock of an item is less than 15,
anyone know how to do this?- Hide quoted text -

Pete_UK

can excel alert you when a number is less than a particular va

You're welcome - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On May 7, 2:13*pm, Megglesface
wrote:
brilliant thats worked perfectly, just needed the apostrophes I think.
thanks very much, been struggling with that one all day!

Megglesface

can excel alert you when a number is less than a particular va

no worries.

Im making a range of spreadsheets to control stock orders, simple i guess
but I havnt done it before and no one else at the office has either, so its a
case of teaching myself.

must say, this forum is much better for answers than using the automatic
help guide.