-   -   Calulate a value when date is in a range. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/186467-calulate-value-when-date-range.html)

[email protected]

Calulate a value when date is in a range.

Hi there,

Please can you help! I am trying to calculate from a list of dates,
which calender Period the date falls into.

I have a table in excel with period number in first col1, period start
date in col2, period end date in col3.

I then have a list of about 500 dates and want to put in the column
next to each date which period the date equals.

I've tried nested if and offset functions but cannot figure it out!!
If anyone can help, we would be most greatful.

Meg

Dave

Calulate a value when date is in a range.

Hi,
With the start date of each period in Column A, starting in A1
With the corresponding number of each period in Column B, starting in B1
With your 500 dates in Column A, stating in A10
You don't need the end-date column.

In the cell beside your first date enter:
=VLOOKUP(A10,$A$1:$B$4,2)

Change references as necessary.
The $B$4 reference has to be changed to fit your date period table.
Then copy down.

Regards - Dave.