-   -   I have a data list of 7,000, what is the easiest way to check for (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/18640-i-have-data-list-7-000-what-easiest-way-check.html)

Excel

I have a data list of 7,000, what is the easiest way to check for

I sorted the 7,000 names, but going down the list takes to long, I need an
easier way, I just know basics in excel

Jason Morin

One word: Autofilter. To learn what it is and how to use
it, take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site:

http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

I sorted the 7,000 names, but going down the list takes

to long, I need an
easier way, I just know basics in excel
.

Biff

I have a data list of 7,000, what is the easiest way to
check for

To check for what?

I need an easier way

An easier way to do what?

You can easily do that by setting .... <g

Biff