-   -   math formulaes arent working in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/186031-math-formulaes-arent-working-excel.html)

Russ Johnson

math formulaes arent working in excel

I use a spreadsheet to keep track of sick and vacation days and the
spreadsheet math seems to have stopped working. These are very simple
addition and subtraction formulae's and I don't see anything out of the
ordinary.
--
Russ Johnson

Niek Otten

math formulaes arent working in excel

Hi Russ,

What do you mean: "stopped working"?
What happens? What do you see? What did you expect to see?

Check:

ToolsOptionsCalculation tabAutomatic

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Russ Johnson" wrote in message ...
|I use a spreadsheet to keep track of sick and vacation days and the
| spreadsheet math seems to have stopped working. These are very simple
| addition and subtraction formulae's and I don't see anything out of the
| ordinary.
| --
| Russ Johnson

Mike H

math formulaes arent working in excel

Try

Tools|Options|calculation

select Automatic
Click Ok
Tap F9

Mike

"Russ Johnson" wrote:

I use a spreadsheet to keep track of sick and vacation days and the
spreadsheet math seems to have stopped working. These are very simple
addition and subtraction formulae's and I don't see anything out of the
ordinary.
--
Russ Johnson

Reitanos

math formulaes arent working in excel

As Niek has said, automatic calculation may be turned off, so that
Excel will not perform calculation until prompted.

Another common problem that presents itself this way is when another
user accidentally replaces formulas with values by typing over them.