-   -   Data into a data sheet from a list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/185327-data-into-data-sheet-list.html)

oa501

Data into a data sheet from a list

Is it possible for me to enter data from a list unto a colum rather than just
one cell.

Pete_UK

Data into a data sheet from a list

Suppose you have your list in A1:A20 and you want the first 10 items
in column C. Highlight the cells C1:C10 with C1 as the active cell,
then begin to enter the formula =A1 into C1 but press CTRL-Enter
instead of just Enter. This will copy the formula down the highlighted
cells to give you what you wanted (I think).

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Apr 28, 10:26*am, oa501 wrote:
Is it possible for me to enter data from a list unto a colum rather than just
one cell.

Gord Dibben

Data into a data sheet from a list

Probably.

Is the data currently all in one cell or?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP