-   -   If #, then Highlight (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/185307-if-then-highlight.html)

TexJen

If #, then Highlight

I'm needing to highlight the cells over a certain # in a column.
Hinky part is: these #s will change as the data changes.

Column H = Items Sold
I'm needing the worksheet to highlight the cells in that column 500.

The Items Sold change daily.
Just now sure how to go about this.

Appreciate any help.
Thank you!
-TexJen

Max

If #, then Highlight

Conditional Formatting will do this for you

Assuming data in col E
Select col E (E1 active)
Click Format Conditional Formatting
Formula Is: =AND(ISNUMBER(E1),E1500)
Click "Format" button Patterns tab Green fill?
OK out

The extra check in the formula: ISNUMBER(E1)
is to ensure that only real numbers will be monitored for CF trigger
(otherwise any text in col E would also spuriously trigger the CF)
--
Max
Singapore