-   -   Adding hours in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/185296-adding-hours-excel.html)

mj

Adding hours in Excel

Hello
I am trying to create a timesheet which tracks the total hours worked in a
day along with overtime. I don't want to show the lunch break but I want to
factor it in.
ex.
Start 7 AM
End 6 PM
Total Hours 10 Hours (1hr for lunch)

I also want to be able to track the hours per week based on a 50 hr work week.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mayte

Adding hours in Excel

hi .. I got this from another post ..hope it helps you too!

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/timesht.htm

cheers,
mayte

"MJ" wrote:

Hello
I am trying to create a timesheet which tracks the total hours worked in a
day along with overtime. I don't want to show the lunch break but I want to
factor it in.
ex.
Start 7 AM
End 6 PM
Total Hours 10 Hours (1hr for lunch)

I also want to be able to track the hours per week based on a 50 hr work week.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Gord Dibben

Adding hours in Excel

See how Chip Pearson has constructed a daily timesheet dealing with breaks and
OT hours.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 12:41:02 -0700, MJ wrote:

Hello
I am trying to create a timesheet which tracks the total hours worked in a
day along with overtime. I don't want to show the lunch break but I want to
factor it in.
ex.
Start 7 AM
End 6 PM
Total Hours 10 Hours (1hr for lunch)

I also want to be able to track the hours per week based on a 50 hr work week.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Tyro[_2_]

Adding hours in Excel

Time in Excel is expressed as a fractional number of 24 hours. Over 24 hours
has an integer portion. Simply add, subtract. Perhaps a good book on Excel
would help you.

Tyro