-   -   if statement or other methds to find similar data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/185136-if-statement-other-methds-find-similar-data.html)

Funky[_2_]

if statement or other methds to find similar data

Hello

I have two set of data. I have to match that both contain PCO12345.
All PCO# # # # are different. Majority are in both files but some of
the them are missing. There is no particular order. Is there any way
to find PCO # # # # that are in both files and which ones are
missing? I there any easy method like if statements? other than going
through each finding each PCOnumber one by one. There are 2300+
recods.

thanks in advance

Bob Phillips

if statement or other methds to find similar data

Try conditional formatting with a formula of

=ISNUMBER(MATCH(A1,Sheet2!A:A,0)

and

=ISNUMBER(MATCH(A1,Sheet1!A:A,0)

--
HTH

Bob

"Funky" wrote in message
Hello

I have two set of data. I have to match that both contain PCO12345.
All PCO# # # # are different. Majority are in both files but some of
the them are missing. There is no particular order. Is there any way
to find PCO # # # # that are in both files and which ones are
missing? I there any easy method like if statements? other than going
through each finding each PCOnumber one by one. There are 2300+
recods.

thanks in advance

ryguy7272

if statement or other methds to find similar data

Give this a try:
=SUMIF(A1:A2300,"PCO*",B1:B2300)

=SUMPRODUCT(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("PCO*",A1:A2300))*((B1 :B2300)))

Also, if you are just matching numbers, you may be able to use a Pivot Table:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm

Ryan---

--
RyGuy