-   -   IF Statement? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/185131-if-statement.html)

Frazospazo

IF Statement?

I'm trying to create a spreadsheet where; when an item is selected from the
drop down I created; the selected boxes will show the correct information for
that product.

Basically; when I click an object from the drop down list, I want it to then
show the Product number and barcode in seperate boxes...

Any ideas?

Dave

IF Statement?

Hi,
I assume that you already have a table of Items, Product numbers and Bar
codes.
If your drop-down is in A1, and you want the selected product number to
appear in B1 and the selected bar code to appear in C1:
In B1: VLOOKUP(A1,Table_Range, Product_Number_Column,0)
In C1: VLOOKUP(A1,Table_Range, Bar_Code_Column,0)
This would require your Item column to be the first column in your table.
Hope this helps.
Regards - Dave.

"Frazospazo" wrote:

I'm trying to create a spreadsheet where; when an item is selected from the
drop down I created; the selected boxes will show the correct information for
that product.

Basically; when I click an object from the drop down list, I want it to then
show the Product number and barcode in seperate boxes...

Any ideas?

Pete_UK

IF Statement?

First point - they are called Cells, not boxes !!

Depending on how your main data is organised, you can do this with
VLOOKUP or you might have to use an INDEX / MATCH combination - check
them out in Excel Help.

Pete

On Apr 25, 12:16*pm, Frazospazo
wrote:
I'm trying to create a spreadsheet where; when an item is selected from the
drop down I created; the selected boxes will show the correct information for
that product.

Basically; when I click an object from the drop down list, I want it to then
show the Product number and barcode in seperate boxes...

Any ideas?

Frazospazo

IF Statement?

It seems to be a little more complicated than that...
Any way of getting a copy to you and letting you look at it?
And maybe helping me out and then sending it back?