-   -   Vlookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/183868-vlookup.html)

mpenkala

Vlookup

Hey gang,
I've asked a similar question in the past, but can't seem to get it to work.
I've got 74 groups listed in ColumnI (4:77)
In ColC I get a group number (one of the ones listed in ColumnI) depending
on numbers inputted in ColumnA. What I'm looking for is a formula in ColumnD
that will compare a number inputted into ColumnA and tell me if it matches
one of the numbers in the group listed before it. For example:

ColA ColC ColD
7 7C
17 17A

What I need is for D1 (next to the 7C) to determine if A2 (#17) is part of
group 7C. The groups are all listed in a table from I4:AA77. ColumnI
contains the Group Name (which is 1A, 2C, 14A...etc) and Columns J:AA contain
the numbers within.

Thanks for your help!
Matt