-   -   Need to get around limit of 7 nested functions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/183733-need-get-around-limit-7-nested-functions.html)

Amanda

Need to get around limit of 7 nested functions

Hi,

I have two columns with 24 rows of information each.

If the value in cell B7 corresponds to a value in column F, then I want the
value in the same row in column G to be displayed in B17.

I know I can use a nested IF funtion to get this to work for the first few
rows, but how do I get beyond that?

Thanks!!!
--
Amanda

T. Valko

Need to get around limit of 7 nested functions

Try this:

=VLOOKUP(B7,F:G,2,0)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Amanda" wrote in message

I have two columns with 24 rows of information each.

If the value in cell B7 corresponds to a value in column F, then I want
the
value in the same row in column G to be displayed in B17.

I know I can use a nested IF funtion to get this to work for the first few
rows, but how do I get beyond that?

Thanks!!!
--
Amanda

Tyro[_2_]

Need to get around limit of 7 nested functions

Read a good book in Excel? Perhaps one by John Walkenbach.
http://j-walk.com/ss

Tyro