-   -   Sorting Master Worksheet to Regional Worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/183549-sorting-master-worksheet-regional-worksheet.html)

teapot10

Sorting Master Worksheet to Regional Worksheet

Here's what I'm trying to do. Currently we have a master worksheet that
contains all the customers in our customer database. I would like to have a
separate worksheet for each city we service and am trying to figure out how
to avoid entering information twice.

Is there a way to make any it so that any updates on the master worksheet
automatically sort to the city worksheets.

For example, if I add a customer who lives in Seattle to the "Master"
worksheet, they also automatically show up on the "Seattle" worksheet?

Thanks for your help.

Harimau

Sorting Master Worksheet to Regional Worksheet

I can't think of an efficient way of doing it without using macros. My idea
for it would probably be a macro that will go through the City Name column
and generate/update a sheet for each that city names.

--
Location: Sydney
Occupation: Actuarial Consultant (Project Finance/Financial Modeling)

"teapot10" wrote:

Here's what I'm trying to do. Currently we have a master worksheet that
contains all the customers in our customer database. I would like to have a
separate worksheet for each city we service and am trying to figure out how
to avoid entering information twice.

Is there a way to make any it so that any updates on the master worksheet
automatically sort to the city worksheets.

For example, if I add a customer who lives in Seattle to the "Master"
worksheet, they also automatically show up on the "Seattle" worksheet?

Thanks for your help.

Herbert Seidenberg

Sorting Master Worksheet to Regional Worksheet

Try Pivot Table:
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3faj3

Herbert Seidenberg

Sorting Master Worksheet to Regional Worksheet

Or with formulas:
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3fbm9