-   -   How do I change the loan period in a amortization from years to mo (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/183524-how-do-i-change-loan-period-amortization-years-mo.html)

Paigem21

How do I change the loan period in a amortization from years to mo

I would like to change the loan period in an amortization schedule from year
to months. Any sugestions on how to do this in a template that was
downloaded?

Gary''s Student

How do I change the loan period in a amortization from years to mo

Checkout this:

http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelTemplat...-schedule.html

it is pretty flexible
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200779

"Paigem21" wrote:

I would like to change the loan period in an amortization schedule from year
to months. Any sugestions on how to do this in a template that was
downloaded?

Paigem21

How do I change the loan period in a amortization from years to mo

I did that. I need to put in 65 months for the Loan_Years but it says years
only. I need it to calculate months instead of years. Can you help me?

"Paigem21" wrote:

I would like to change the loan period in an amortization schedule from year
to months. Any sugestions on how to do this in a template that was
downloaded?

Gord Dibben

How do I change the loan period in a amortization from years to mo

65 months is 5.4166 years.

Can't you use that number?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Paigem21" wrote:

I would like to change the loan period in an amortization schedule from year
to months. Any sugestions on how to do this in a template that was
downloaded?

Harimau

How do I change the loan period in a amortization from years to mo

You can make your own payment schedule using the PMT function.

"Paigem21" wrote:

I would like to change the loan period in an amortization schedule from year
to months. Any sugestions on how to do this in a template that was
downloaded?

Paigem21

How do I change the loan period in a amortization from years t

No I tried to do that but it said, "Please enter a whole number of years from
1 to 40"
Is there any thing else I could do to change it to recognize months?

"Paigem21" wrote:

I would like to change the loan period in an amortization schedule from year
to months. Any sugestions on how to do this in a template that was
downloaded?

Paigem21

How do I change the loan period in a amortization from years t

I have never used that function before, can you give me some tips or an
example. It looks like it would be very usefule if I could learn how to use
it properly.

"Paigem21" wrote:

I would like to change the loan period in an amortization schedule from year
to months. Any sugestions on how to do this in a template that was
downloaded?

Gord Dibben

How do I change the loan period in a amortization from years t

Remove the data validation from that cell.

Select the cell and DataValidationClear all.

Gord