-   -   Text concantenated with a link to another spreadsheet field (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/18337-text-concantenated-link-another-spreadsheet-field.html)

CLM

Text concantenated with a link to another spreadsheet field

I have some notations in a cell and then I have added a link to another
spreadsheets' field that is a date. When I look at the information the date
is given in Julian format. How do I get it to be in mm/dd/yyyy format?
Excel 2000.

Thx,

CLM

Dave Peterson

="this is the due date: " & text(sheet2!a1,"mm/dd/yyyy")

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Or if your formula was just:

=sheet1!a1

just format the cell the way you want (format|cells|number tab)

CLM wrote:

I have some notations in a cell and then I have added a link to another
spreadsheets' field that is a date. When I look at the information the date
is given in Julian format. How do I get it to be in mm/dd/yyyy format?
Excel 2000.

Thx,

CLM

--

Dave Peterson

CLM

Dave,

Thank you so much. I know in Access it's Format(sheet2!a1,"mm/dd/yyyy") but
that didn't exist in Excel and help wasn't much help.

CLM

CLM wrote:

I have some notations in a cell and then I have added a link to another
spreadsheets' field that is a date. When I look at the information the date
is given in Julian format. How do I get it to be in mm/dd/yyyy format?
Excel 2000.

Thx,

CLM

--

Dave Peterson

CLM

When I put in the syntax as you suggested below:
=+'E:\0412\[hproj.xls]Port'!$AZ$6 & " - " &
TEXT('E:\0412\[hproj.xls]Port'!$BE$6,"mm/dd/yyyy")
I get the result of #VALUE!

The text() goes infront of the connection to the folder path correct?

CLM