-   -   return same cell value from numerous sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/183309-return-same-cell-value-numerous-sheets.html)

Laurie

return same cell value from numerous sheets

I have 30 sheets. I would like to have a summary sheet that will return the
same cell value from each sheet. For instance, I want my summary sheet to
return the values for:

Sheet 1 C2
Sheet 2 C2
Sheet 3 C2

Thanks!
--
Laurie

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_299_]

return same cell value from numerous sheets

If there is no space in the worksheet's name, then this....

=Sheet2!C2

If there is a space in the name, then this...

='Sheet 3'!C2

Rick

"Laurie" wrote in message
I have 30 sheets. I would like to have a summary sheet that will return
the
same cell value from each sheet. For instance, I want my summary sheet to
return the values for:

Sheet 1 C2
Sheet 2 C2
Sheet 3 C2

Thanks!
--
Laurie

Max

return same cell value from numerous sheets

Think you might try in the start cell:
=INDIRECT("'Sheet "&ROWS($1:1)&"'!C2")
Copy down 30 rows
--
Max
Singapore
"Laurie" wrote:
I have 30 sheets. I would like to have a summary sheet that will return the
same cell value from each sheet. For instance, I want my summary sheet to
return the values for:

Sheet 1 C2
Sheet 2 C2
Sheet 3 C2

Thanks!
--
Laurie

Laurie

return same cell value from numerous sheets

Thanks Rick, but I need to be able to copy this formula. I know how to
create individual interal links. I would like for Excel to link the same
cell in each worksheet automatically on my summary sheet. I don't want to
type in the sheet name or link each one individually.

If I have sheet ABB, ALL, BAR, and I want to return the values from C2 on
each sheet, how can I do this automatically?
--
Laurie

"Laurie" wrote in message
I have 30 sheets. I would like to have a summary sheet that will return
the
same cell value from each sheet. For instance, I want my summary sheet to
return the values for:

Sheet 1 C2
Sheet 2 C2
Sheet 3 C2

Thanks!
--
Laurie

Pete_UK

return same cell value from numerous sheets

List the sheet names in your summary sheet, eg in column A. then in
column B you can enter this:

=INDIRECT("'"&A1&"'!C2")

Copy this down to cover your sheet names - the C2 will remain constant
as it is within quotes.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Laurie" wrote in message
I have 30 sheets. *I would like to have a summary sheet that will return
the
same cell value from each sheet. *For instance, I want my summary sheet to
return the values for:

Sheet 1 C2
Sheet 2 C2
Sheet 3 C2

Thanks!
--
Laurie- Hide quoted text -

Max

return same cell value from numerous sheets

If I have sheet ABB, ALL, BAR, and I want to return the values from C2 on
each sheet, how can I do this automatically?

List the sheetnames in say, A2 down
Then you could use this in B2:
=INDIRECT("'"&A2&"'!C2")
Copy B2 down