-   -   Change cell selection border color in excel to stand out more? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/183261-change-cell-selection-border-color-excel-stand-out-more.html)

Jeanne

Change cell selection border color in excel to stand out more?

Is it possible to change the working cell border color as you move around in
your spreadsheet to find your place easily?

Dave Peterson

Change cell selection border color in excel to stand out more?

You may want to try Chip Pearson's Rowliner:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm

--

Dave Peterson

ryguy7272

Change cell selection border color in excel to stand out more?

Take a look at this:
Dim v As Variant
v = Array(xlEdgeBottom, xlEdgeTop, xlEdgeRight, xlEdgeLeft)
For Each r In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
With r
For i = 0 To 3
..Borders(v(i)).LineStyle = xlNone
Next
End With
Next

For i = 0 To 3
With ActiveCell.Borders(v(i))
..LineStyle = xlContinuous
..Weight = xlThick
..ColorIndex = 7
End With
Next
End Sub

Right-click on the tab and paste the code into the window that opens.

Regards,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

Jeanne wrote:

Is it possible to change the working cell border color as you move around in
your spreadsheet to find your place easily?

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Change cell selection border color in excel to stand out more?

I think I'd use Target instead of activecell. And instead of activesheet, I'd
refer to it using the Me keyword. And declaring all the variables you use is
always a good idea.

Did you mean to post this as a followup to my response? Was it meant for the
OP?