-   -   File Search command 2008 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/182692-file-search-command-2008-a.html)

Fawn[_3_]

File Search command 2008

I need help. Excel 2003 has a file search command. I need this command in
excel 2007. Can anybody help me?

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_278_]

File Search command 2008

I need help. Excel 2003 has a file search command. I need this
command in excel 2007. Can anybody help me?

According to this link...

http://www.computerworld.com/action/...leId=9028 218

you would find that on the Windows/Start button (keyboard shortcut is Window
key, C).

Rick

Dave Peterson

File Search command 2008

Alternatives include dir() (as you saw in your other thread) and File System
Object.

Ron de Bruin has samples he
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm
and
http://www.rondebruin.nl/fso.htm

They're not exact replacements, though.

--

Dave Peterson

Fawn[_3_]

File Search command 2008

wow!!!

Thank you so much. I have been trying to get some help all day. Since
about 9:00 this morning. I even made the mistake of calling the 1-800 number.

THANK YOU!!!