-   -   Embedding a reference in a cell with normal text. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/18268-embedding-reference-cell-normal-text.html)

Reggie

Embedding a reference in a cell with normal text.

Hello,

I would like to enter the following data in a cell:

Standard Deviation (B17)

The B17 reference is the contents of cell B17, which I
would like to have automatically entered without having to
retype it 5 gazilion times.

Thank you very much!

Reg

Max

One guess ..

Try in say, C17: ="Standard Deviation "&TEXT(B17,"0.000")

(assuming it's to be formatted to 3 dp)

--
Rgds
Max
"Reggie" wrote in message
Hello,

I would like to enter the following data in a cell:

Standard Deviation (B17)

The B17 reference is the contents of cell B17, which I
would like to have automatically entered without having to
retype it 5 gazilion times.

Thank you very much!

Reg

Max

Just a small refinement to bring it closer to what was posted ..
Try instead: ="Standard Deviation ("&TEXT(B17,"0.000")&")"
--
Rgds
Max