-   -   Copy rows but need to refer to same cell in original formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/182555-copy-rows-but-need-refer-same-cell-original-formula.html)

addison

Copy rows but need to refer to same cell in original formula

I need to copy/paste 5 original rows multiple times in worksheet but need
formula to refer back to same static amount in cell k3. How can I do this
without having to go to each newly created cell and change it to k3 in
formula? That would take hours for me to do.
Thanks!

Pierre

On Apr 4, 10:03*am, addison wrote:
I need to copy/paste 5 original rows multiple times in worksheet but need
formula to refer back to same static amount in cell k3. *How can I do this
without having to go to each newly created cell and change it to k3 in
formula? *That would take hours for me to do.
Thanks!

If I catch your drift, make K3 an absolute reference: $K$3. . .or am I
missing something phenomenological?

Pierre

Gav123

Copy rows but need to refer to same cell in original formula

Hi,

Change your reference to an absolute reference.....$K$3

Hope this helps,

Gav

"addison" wrote:

I need to copy/paste 5 original rows multiple times in worksheet but need
formula to refer back to same static amount in cell k3. How can I do this
without having to go to each newly created cell and change it to k3 in
formula? That would take hours for me to do.
Thanks!

dennis

Copy rows but need to refer to same cell in original formula

Make your original $K$3 instead or just K3 and then dragging or pasting will
not alter it from K3

"addison" wrote:

I need to copy/paste 5 original rows multiple times in worksheet but need
formula to refer back to same static amount in cell k3. How can I do this
without having to go to each newly created cell and change it to k3 in
formula? That would take hours for me to do.
Thanks!

addison

Copy rows but need to refer to same cell in original formula

Thank you all for your help!