-   -   Grouping (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/182172-grouping.html)

Adrian

Grouping

I have a spreadsheet which we used to be able to group the rows of data which
is not current. In the past, we were able to group these unwanted data and
on the extreme left border whould be a "+" or "-" which allows us to expand
or collapse the rows we wanted to re-use gain etc. Currenty, that border for
the +/- does not appear.

Ron@Buy

Grouping

Adrian
I believe this is the SUBTOTAL function that you require.
Search 'Help' for subtotals and look at 'about subtotals'.
Hope this helps

"Adrian" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet which we used to be able to group the rows of data which
is not current. In the past, we were able to group these unwanted data and
on the extreme left border whould be a "+" or "-" which allows us to expand
or collapse the rows we wanted to re-use gain etc. Currenty, that border for
the +/- does not appear.

Cimjet[_2_]

Grouping

Hi Adrian
Under menu "DATA" you will find "SubTotals" but also under "Group&Outline"
will give you the feature to group hide/unhide by Rows or Columns or both.
Regards
Cimjet