-   -   Pivot Table - Grouping (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/182070-pivot-table-grouping.html)

slow386

Pivot Table - Grouping

Hi Folks:

I'm using a small table (~700 rows and 15 columns) as a Pivot Table source
where I'm trying to group sales results by customer by month/year.

Typically I've never seen this, but in this case, Pivot Table is reporting
"Cannot Group That Selection". I'm guessing this is a date formatting
issues, but I've tried everything.

Any help appreciated . . . .

Thanks
Steve

Debra Dalgleish

Pivot Table - Grouping

If there are any blank cells in the date column, you won't be able to
group the dates in the pivot table.

Or, if the dates are being treated as text, you won't be able to group
them. If so, you can change the dates back to numbers, as described he

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry03.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

slow386

Pivot Table - Grouping

Debra:

Thanks.
I checked the entire column - no blanks - also checked formatting - no help.
Any other thoughts??
Hope all is well

Steve

slow386 wrote:
I'm using a small table (~700 rows and 15 columns) as a Pivot Table
source where I'm trying to group sales results by customer by month/year.

Typically I've never seen this, but in this case, Pivot Table is
reporting "Cannot Group That Selection". I'm guessing this is a date
formatting issues, but I've tried everything.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html