-   -   Help with function please (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/181959-re-help-function-please.html)

Teethless mama

Help with function please

Select your range (eg. A1:A40)
conditional Formatting
Cell Value Is equal to =$B$1

Format any color you like

"Mick B" wrote:

I want to place a series of numbers, say 1-40 on a spreadsheet. Once that
number has been selected in a separate column, I want the corresponding
number in the list to be highlighted in some way, or even deleted if that is
easier to do?

Am I explaining myself well enough?

Mick B

Help with function please

I will try and explain better! I have entered the numbers 1-40 in a block
range of cells, say Column E1:E40. If I enter a number down column A that
matches any number from 1-40 I would like the corresponding number in column
E to change colour in some way. Is this possible?

"Teethless mama" wrote:

Select your range (eg. A1:A40)
conditional Formatting
Cell Value Is equal to =$B$1

Format any color you like

"Mick B" wrote:

I want to place a series of numbers, say 1-40 on a spreadsheet. Once that
number has been selected in a separate column, I want the corresponding
number in the list to be highlighted in some way, or even deleted if that is
easier to do?

Am I explaining myself well enough?

MyVeryOwnSelf

Help with function please

I have entered the numbers 1-40 in a
block range of cells, say Column E1:E40. If I enter a number down
column A that matches any number from 1-40 I would like the
corresponding number in column E to change colour in some way. Is this
possible?

One way is to select E1:E40 and use:

Format Conditional Formatting Formula is

=COUNTIF(A:A,E1)0

Mick B

Help with function please

Thanks for trying, but that doesnt seem to work- perhaps it is me? Any other
suggestions?

Hope someone can help!

"MyVeryOwnSelf" wrote:

I have entered the numbers 1-40 in a
block range of cells, say Column E1:E40. If I enter a number down
column A that matches any number from 1-40 I would like the
corresponding number in column E to change colour in some way. Is this
possible?

One way is to select E1:E40 and use:

Format Conditional Formatting Formula is

=COUNTIF(A:A,E1)0

Gord Dibben

Help with function please

Mick

Works for me in 2003.

Are you selecting E1:E40 then entering the formula in FormatCFFormula is:

Make sure Excel does not change the E1 to $E$1 or similar.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP