-   -   Find combinations of numbers to equal a value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/18177-find-combinations-numbers-equal-value.html)

jubu

Find combinations of numbers to equal a value

I have a list of individual dollar amounts that together total $1000. Is
there a way to have Excel find a combination that would equal $800 and show
me which lines it chooses?
--
jubu

Bernie Deitrick

jubu,

Contact me privately and I will send you a workbook that does what you want.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP