Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Count all rows in column with data, Except rows 1-5

I would like to count all of the rows in Column A that contain any text,
except Rows 1 through 5. I have the following formula, which worked, but
included rows 1-5.

=COUNTIF(Clients!A:A,"*")

I then tried this, which didnt' work.

=COUNTIF(Clients!A3:A*,"*")

How can I make it counts all rows, below 5 with data in column A?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could do it this way:

=COUNTIF(Clients!A:A,"*") - COUNTIF(Clients!A1:A5,"*")

or like this:

=COUNTIF(Clients!A6:A65536,"*")

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 27, 2:25*pm, Gregory Day
wrote:
I would like to count all of the rows in Column A that contain any text,
except Rows 1 through 5. I have the following formula, which worked, but
included rows 1-5.

=COUNTIF(Clients!A:A,"*")

I then tried this, which didnt' work.

=COUNTIF(Clients!A3:A*,"*")

How can I make it counts all rows, below 5 with data in column A?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=COUNTIF(Clients!A:A,"*")-COUNTIF(Clients!A1:A5,"*")
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200776