-   -   Count/if/and function? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/181258-count-if-function.html)

tonyalt3

Count/if/and function?

I would like to count how many cells only IF they contain a value
greater than 1. Is this possible?

Gord Dibben

Count/if/and function?

=COUNT(A1:A123,"1")

Adjust range to suit.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:43:22 -0700 (PDT), tonyalt3 wrote:

I would like to count how many cells only IF they contain a value
greater than 1. Is this possible?

Pete_UK

Count/if/and function?

If your cells are in column A, then try this:

=COUNTIF(A:A,"1")

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 25, 7:43*pm, tonyalt3 wrote:
I would like to count how many cells only IF they contain a value
greater than 1. *Is this possible?

Jarek Kujawa[_2_]

Count/if/and function?

=SUM(IF((ISNUMBER(A1:A10)*(A1:A101),1,0)

insert with Ctrl+Shift+Enter

tonyalt3

Count/if/and function?

On Mar 25, 3:00*pm, Pete_UK wrote:
If your cells are in column A, then try this:

=COUNTIF(A:A,"1")

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 25, 7:43*pm, tonyalt3 wrote:

I would like to count how many cells only IF they contain a value
greater than 1. *Is this possible?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Pete, but I need to make sure it does NOT count any cells w/
zeros in it. This seems to still count them. Any other suggestions?

tonyalt3

Count/if/and function?

On Mar 25, 2:58*pm, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
=COUNT(A1:A123,"1")

Adjust range to suit.

Gord Dibben *MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:43:22 -0700 (PDT), tonyalt3 wrote:
I would like to count how many cells only IF they contain a value
greater than 1. *Is this possible?- Hide quoted text -

Gord,
This is still counting cells w/zeros in it, any other thoughts?

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_244_]

Count/if/and function?

I would like to count how many cells only IF they contain a value
greater than 1. Is this possible?- Hide quoted text -

If your cells are in column A, then try this:

=COUNTIF(A:A,"1")

Hope this helps.

Thanks Pete, but I need to make sure it does NOT count any cells w/
zeros in it. This seems to still count them. Any other suggestions?

Did you try it? It works fine on my system.

Note, Pete is suggesting COUNTIF, not COUNT.

Rick