-   -   Round time to nearest quarter hr (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/18002-round-time-nearest-quarter-hr.html)

John

Round time to nearest quarter hr

I need help with a function that will round time (hh:mm) to the nearest
quarter hour. Example:

10:08 AM = 10:15 AM
8:37 PM = 8:30 PM

The control is 7 minutes after the quarter round down and 8 minutes after
the quarter round up.

Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated!!!! Thanks in advance.

Bob Phillips

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Rounding.html#time

--

HTH

RP

"John" wrote in message
.16...
I need help with a function that will round time (hh:mm) to the nearest
quarter hour. Example:

10:08 AM = 10:15 AM
8:37 PM = 8:30 PM

The control is 7 minutes after the quarter round down and 8 minutes after
the quarter round up.

Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated!!!! Thanks in advance.

John

"Bob Phillips" wrote in
:

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Rounding.html#time

Bob,
It appears you are an expert in this area of excel formula's. I have read
your website and it is likely that this is exactly what I am in need of.
Thanks for your quick response and website.