-   -   Conditional Formatting problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/179642-conditional-formatting-problem.html)

Alan[_11_]

Conditional Formatting problem

How do I make a cell change to a certain colour, without affecting the
number that is already in it? I run a lottery Syndicate using a simple
workbook with 2 sheets in it. The first sheet keeps a historic record of
each weeks numbers as I key them in. The second sheet has all twenty members
number choices listed in a table. If I key in the weeks numbers on sheet
one, who do I get the winning cells on the next sheet to change to say,
yellow?

What I have to do now is manually check each line which is a pain,

Thanks

JP[_4_]

Conditional Formatting problem

Conditional formatting would only change the format, not the value in
the cell.

Check this page for samples:

http://contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html

HTH,