-   -   If formula based on cell formats (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/179621-if-formula-based-cell-formats.html)

veggies27

If formula based on cell formats

Is there a way to use an IF formula to pull information from cells based on
whether the formatting of the cell matches the criteria formatting.

ie...in words, I'd like to do this.

If F1 is shaded with the dot pattern, pull A1:E1 to a summary sheet.

I already have an array-entered IF formula that currently says:

If F1 = "a", pull A1:E1 to the summary sheet...I just want to see if
formattign can be recognized with normal formulas.

Thanks!

Pete_UK

If formula based on cell formats

A standard function can not be used to determine formats - you would need to
have a user-defined function to do that.

Chip Pearson has some notes on reading colours he

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.aspx

Perhaps you can get some ideas from his site.

Hope this helps.

Pete