-   -   If/Then formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/179337-if-then-formatting.html)

John

If/Then formatting

Novice here

I would like to highlight/color a cell if the number of that cell exceeds
the number of the cell next to it. The cell I would like to color already has
a formula for adding in it.

Any help is greatly appreciated

John

Gary''s Student

If/Then formatting

Here is an example for B1. If B1 is greater than A1, we want B1 highlighted:

Click on B1 and:
Format Conditional Formatting... . Formula Is

=B1A1

and then pick a nice color.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200772

"John" wrote:

Novice here

I would like to highlight/color a cell if the number of that cell exceeds
the number of the cell next to it. The cell I would like to color already has
a formula for adding in it.

Any help is greatly appreciated

John

Cimjet[_2_]

If/Then formatting

HI John
Go to ' Format/Conditional Formatting/ select "Greater Than or your choice
and next window select the cell reference eg: =A2
Regards
Cimjet