-   -   Why the link cannot be updated? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/179287-why-link-cannot-updated.html)

Eric

Why the link cannot be updated?

Does anyone have any suggestions on why the following files cannot be updated?
They can be updated before, without changing anything, when I run the list
again, it just open and close without updating the links and perform all the
updated calculation. I have checked the advance option to perform
automatically calculation on those worksheet.
Does anyone have any suggestion on how to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Sub Temp()
Application.DisplayAlerts = False

Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\File1.xls", UpdateLinks:=3
Workbooks("File1.xls").Close savechanges:=True

Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\File2.xls", UpdateLinks:=3
Workbooks("File2.xls").Close savechanges:=True

Workbooks("Update Files").Close savechanges:=True